The Oakville Club, established in 1907 is a multi-sport, social and family oriented Members Club, tucked away on sixteen mile creek, in the heart of downtown Oakville. The Club has become a primary source of community connections for our Members through camaraderie and lifelong friendships.
**HIRING COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY STUDENTS ONLY**
There’s nothing more satisfying than knowing that you are responsible for the smiles and sheer joy that campers will get from being at Oakville Summer Camps with you. Our Staff is there to support you and help you develop skills both in pre-camp training and throughout the summer.
This position seeks to employ a FULL TIME Camp Counsellor who is fun, energetic, self-motivated to run camp programs, and create positive experiences for the kids/youth at our Oakville Club Summer Day Camps. If you love working with kids, enjoy being outside and being active – this is the job for you!
- Must be available to work entire summer – July 2, 2019 – August 30, 2019.
- Hours could range from 8:00 am – 6:00 pm, not exceeding more than 8:00 hrs per day.
- Must enjoy working with children ages 4 – 12 years old
- Previous camp experience (Summer, March Break, etc) is an asset
- You are able to have positive interactions with kids of all ages and personality types
- Help with the planning, assessment, and execution of the Summer Day Camp Programs.
- Be a positive role model for your campers – encourage kindness, self-esteem, health & wellness.
- Ensure all program activities are conducted in a safe and fun manner.
- Provide a safe, nurturing environment for children. Record/report all incidents using proper documentation.
- Support children with problem solving, compatibility, and conflict resolution.
- Retain up to date knowledge drug and food allergies and sensitivities of campers/individuals.
- Ensure all property is maintained at an optimal level of cleanliness and tidiness.
- Respect and protect the privacy of information relating to all company clients, employees, and business affairs.
- Communicate with parents/guardians about camper’s experience
- Report any concerns or issues regarding camper to camp leadership
- Maintain current knowledge and practice of all relevant plans, policies and procedures as established by The Oakville Club.
- Ability to work in changing weather conditions.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
Job Perks & Benefits
- Paid lunch breaks
- $5 a day meal plan – choose from our Creekside Bistro or Poolside Menu (meal plan is deducted from paycheque)
- Offsite trips with campers to places such as Toronto Zoo, Reptilia – The Reptile Zoo, Ripley’s Aquarium, and Wild Water Works
- Daily swimming with your campers in our Club pool
- Lots of time spent outside
Send resume to email@example.com