The Oakville Club, established in 1907 is a multi-sport, social and family oriented Members Club, tucked away on sixteen mile creek, in the heart of downtown Oakville. The Club has become a primary source of community connections for our Members through camaraderie and lifelong friendships.
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
Assistant General Manager will provide leadership and management to all clubhouse staff, administering the clubhouse’s operations in an efficient and effective manner, ensuring maximum membership satisfaction in all club sectors and in all activities and operations. This professional is one who is accomplished, customer-focused, “hands on”, and flexible with change. You will be overseeing the management and day to day operations in a variety of areas which include: Food & Beverage, Fitness Centre, Swimming Pool, Racquet Sports, Junior Activities/Camps, Yachting, and General Member Events. In addition this individual will be assisting the General Manager and other Department Managers with day to day responsibilities.
The ideal candidate must able to work with tight deadlines, have a good understanding of budgets, forecasting, scheduling and can “think outside the box”.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in developing programs for various sporting activities;
- Knowledge of Fitness Centre and Swimming Pool operations an asset;
- Good understanding of Human Resources principles, practices and current regulations;
- Strong communication, marketing & social media skills
- Experience with Food & Beverage operations
- Excellent organizational, management, leadership, and problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge of Jonas Software would be an asset;
- Ability to handle conflicting deadlines and prioritize.
Working at The Oakville Club
This is a full-time, permanent position, with hours that vary seasonally. Your salary will be competitive and is based upon your skills and experience. We offer a great benefits package, and an opportunity to participate in professional development programs.
For more information on The Oakville Club, please visit www.oakvilleclub.com.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us.
Please submit your cover letter and resume no later than January 23, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part Time & Full Time Servers Needed
We're looking for friendly, courteous servers with Smart Serve certification to work in the private club industry. The Oakville Club is a non tipping establishment with hourly wages starting at $13.50 an hour, and opportunities for increases.
We provide a good working environment with a happy balance between work and life, rarely working past 11:00 pm. This serving job is Perfect for people attending school or looking for a permanent or part-time job.
Summary of Position
- Servers must consistently be able to assess, anticipate and meet Members’ needs and respond quickly without losing focus or projecting a mood that detracts from Members.
- Servers must clearly communicate in a professional manner with Members, coworkers and management.
- They must understand instructions, read written company memorandums and communicate when he or she needs more direction.
A server must adapt to different personalities of Members and coworkers without losing focus.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understands completely & conforms to all policies, procedures, and all standards
- Ensure that all Members feel welcome and are given attentive, friendly, and courteous
- Ensure that all food and beverages are consistently served according to the restaurant’s serving standards.
- Adhere to all food safety, Smart Serve policies at all times.
- Ensure that the dining room is prepared for service, including the complete set up of linens, silverware, glassware according to service standards and polished in a proper manner
- Greet Members in a professional manner and provide education about the food and beverage menus, how menu items are prepared, and the ingredients used
- Inform Members of daily features as instructed by the kitchen staff
- Serve food and beverage to Members.
Job Type: Part-time & Full Time
Salary: $13.50 /hour
If interested please contact Michelle Inglehart, Food & Beverage Manager, at email@example.com