The Oakville Club, established in 1907 is a multi-sport, social and family oriented Members Club, tucked away on sixteen mile creek, in the heart of downtown Oakville. The Club has become a primary source of community connections for our Members through camaraderie and lifelong friendships.
The Oakville Club is Hiring for the following positions:
Assistant General Manager
The Assistant General Manager will provide leadership and management to all Clubhouse staff, administering the Clubhouse’s operations in an efficient and effective manner, ensuring maximum membership satisfaction in all Club sectors and in all activities and operations. This professional is one who is accomplished, customer-focused, “hands on”, and flexible with change.
You will be overseeing the management and day to day operations in a variety of areas which include:
Food & Beverage
General Member Events.
In addition, this individual will be assisting the General Manager with the Club's strategic plan and continued governance development.
The ideal candidate must able to work with tight deadlines, have a good understanding of budgets, forecasting, scheduling and can “think outside the box”.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in developing programs for various sporting activities;
- Knowledge of Fitness Centre and Swimming Pool operations an asset;
- Good understanding of Human Resources principles, practices and current regulations;
- Strong communication, marketing & social media skills
- Experience with Food & Beverage operations
- Excellent organizational, management, leadership, and problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge of Jonas Software would be an asset;
- Ability to handle conflicting deadlines and prioritize.
Working at The Oakville Club
This is a full-time, permanent position, with hours that vary seasonally. Your salary will be competitive and is based upon your skills and experience. We offer a great benefits package, and an opportunity to participate in professional development programs.
For more information on The Oakville Club, please visit www.oakvilleclub.com.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us.
Please submit your cover letter and resume no later than November 18th, 2018 to email@example.com.
Part-time & Full-time Servers
We’re looking for friendly, hard-working servers to work for us in the private club industry. The Oakville Club is a non-tipping establishment.
- Be reliable, mature, confident individuals who have a passion for customer service
- Have the ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Have a positive attitude at all times, as well as friendly and outgoing attitude
- Have one year serving experience (preferred)
- Be Smartserve certified and the legal age to serve alcohol
- Be available to work days, nights and weekends
- Have banquet knowledge (an asset)
- Engage members and cater to their needs
- Work as a team player at all times
- Follow all systems that are set in place
- Complete regular opening and closing duties
- Have a professional well-groomed appearance
Please e-mail resumes to Michelle Inglehart, Food & Beverage Manager at The Oakville Club.
Salary: $16.50 /hour